[Vision2020] Howard Dean's Confederate Flag Comment

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:12:20 -0800

<P>Garrett, </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I don't think that Dean is a racist for for his comments on the flag. But I do think he is a racist for signing a compact with George W. Bush when they were both Governors to dump nuclear waste from Vermont in a poor Hispanic Community in Texas that was located on a fault line. That is cruel to dump the toxic waste of upper class white people on a poor minority against their will.
<DIV></DIV>I think Dean's comments on the flag just show that he is arrogant and truly a bad choice for trying to win the South that we are going to need to win the electoral college.
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Dean is supported by the NRA, supported raising Social Security age to 72, supports the death penalty, and opposes gay marriage. Yes, he did sign the Civil Unions into law that was ordered by the Vermont Supreme Court. But Dean is not the most socially progressive. If you want that you should go with Kucinich or Sharpton. If you want someone that is going to win, choose someone like Clark, maybe Kerry. But with Dean you get neither. If Dean wins the nomination, I will not work on the campaign and will most likely vote Green. I would will work for Clark, Kerry, Edwards, or Gephardt though despite the the flaws of some of them. But Dean really is a waste of time. He cannot win and doesn't represent my views as a Democrat or social progressive. </P>
<P>Donovan </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Garrett Clevenger" <ONEWILDEARTH@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Howard Dean's Confederate Flag Comment
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:45:54 -0800
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;For those curious about Howard Dean's confederate flag comments, he
<DIV></DIV>&gt;addresses it in a speach found at cspan.org
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In my opinion, he's hoping that this will create a dialog about race
<DIV></DIV>&gt;issues in our country. He says it was a clumbsy comment and regrets
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hurting peoples feelings, but you never know if he did it
<DIV></DIV>&gt;intentionally to create a buzz. I don't think his comment should be
<DIV></DIV>&gt;construed as condoning racism. I don't think he's racist. He just
<DIV></DIV>&gt;knows that this issue is painful.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;His message is the same. He's telling it like it is. And if you
<DIV></DIV>&gt;listen to what he says, it makes sense.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dean is not out of this race, no pun intended.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;His speech from 11/5 is right on.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Garrett Clevenger
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.icehouse.net/garrett
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"What are we doing to our Home?!:("
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_________________________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Is your computer infected with a virus? Find out with a FREE
<DIV></DIV>&gt;computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt;mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ