[Vision2020] Howard Dean's Confederate Flag Comment

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:45:54 -0800

For those curious about Howard Dean's confederate flag comments, he
addresses it in a speach found at cspan.org

In my opinion, he's hoping that this will create a dialog about race issues
in our country.  He says it was a clumbsy comment and regrets hurting
peoples feelings, but you never know if he did it intentionally to create a
buzz.  I don't think his comment should be construed as condoning racism.  I
don't think he's racist.  He just knows that this issue is painful.

His message is the same.  He's telling it like it is.  And if you listen to
what he says, it makes sense.
Dean is not out of this race, no pun intended.

His speech from 11/5 is right on.

Garrett Clevenger

http://www.icehouse.net/garrett

"What are we doing to our Home?!:("

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!