[Vision2020] more perspective

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:54:28 -0600

<P>Hmm.&nbsp; This "debate" between the candidates seems to be an exchange of quotes &amp; soundbites, not developed remarks.&nbsp; If anyone finds more detailed info about Dean's comments, please post the links.</P>
<P>The MSNBC story places Dean's remarks in a different context.&nbsp;&nbsp; For example in Feb.,&nbsp; the story reports:&nbsp;'Dean said the men with Confederate flag decals in their pickup trucks represented lucrative prospects for the party “because their kids don’t have health insurance, either, and their kids need better schools, too.” '</P>
<P>Here Dean's comments work harder to include brown and black skinned kids, because of the "either" and the "too."</P>
<P>I'm not too impressed with Dean's platform statements, but I am a little less concerned.&nbsp; I look forward to more information, opinions about the democratic candidates and issues of race.</P>
<P>Amy Smoucha<BR><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>From: "David Douglas" <DDOUGLAS@PACSIM.COM>
<DIV></DIV>To: <THANSEN@MOSCOW.COM>, "'Douglas'" <DOUGWILS@MOSCOW.COM>, <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] more perspective
<DIV></DIV>Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:18:12 -0500
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>It's been on at least one major news outlet. Here's something similar from
<DIV></DIV>MSNBC:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>http://www.msnbc.com/news/988035.asp?0dm=C24HN
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Cheers,
<DIV></DIV>--
<DIV></DIV>David Douglas
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Tom responds to:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Mr. Wilson -
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Could you provide us the link to where you found that article concerning
<DIV></DIV>Dean?
<DIV></DIV>There are some of us that like to consider the source.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Thank you,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Tom Hansen
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ