[Vision2020] Still Perplexed

ben merkle benmerkle@moscow.com
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:17:33 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C3A1FC.14222B40

Mr. Meyer,
You want the town to boycott Wilson if looks like he might be a racist? =
I still can't get over how blindly you follow in the steps of all that =
you damn. You attack the Bubbas of the world for their myopic fear of =
all things different than themselves. You attack the Nazis for their =
hatred of all things different. You attack all things intolerant and =
then tell us to boycott Wilson purely for how he comes across? Sheesh, =
this is perplexing.
Ben Merkle=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Meyer=20
  To: vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 10:17 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] Still Perplexed

  All,=20

  I am still astounded at the amount of time and wasted energy devoted =
to Doug Wilson on this list. Frankly, I converted my Vision2020 =
membership to digest mode because of the largely worthless nature of the =
discussions. Why don't you all go back and read the mission statement of =
Vision 2020?=20

  If you want to intellectually masturbate with Doug, then write him a =
singlet--directly to him, not using the list. If Doug is truly an =
embarrassment to the community then state your reasons and proofs why =
and make rational suggestions about what to do about it. Do not argue =
with him directly--quote his words. Let his primary written and spoken =
word speak for itself.=20

  If you have a problem with Doug, then I suggest that you write to the =
various leaders in the church or schools that Doug represents and =
explain to them that their church or school would have much greater =
support in the community if they would disinvest themselves and publicly =
cut themselves off from any person who even presents the appearance of =
being racist.=20

  Finally, my biggest question about the City Council race has yet to be =
answered. Is there  one among the candidates who espouses Doug's views? =
If there is, then let him or her be honest and proud of it.Talk to us. =
Please explain to all of us how Doug's views work toward the greater =
good of the entire community, county, state or country? In other words, =
if none of his ideas are bigger than himself, then perhaps we should =
ignore him and (ignore you).  =20

  Sincerely,

  Jim Meyer
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C3A1FC.14222B40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mr. Meyer,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You want the town to boycott Wilson if =
looks like=20
he might be a racist? I still&nbsp;can't get over how blindly you follow =
in the=20
steps of all that you damn. You attack the&nbsp;Bubbas of the =
world&nbsp;for=20
their myopic fear of all things different than themselves. You attack =
the Nazis=20
for their hatred of all things different. You attack all things =
intolerant and=20
then tell us to boycott&nbsp;Wilson purely for how he comes across? =
Sheesh, this=20
is perplexing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ben Merkle</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dm1e2y3e4@moscow.com href=3D"mailto:m1e2y3e4@moscow.com">Jim =
Meyer</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, November 02, 2003 =
10:17=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] Still=20
  Perplexed</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All, </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am still astounded at the amount of =
time and=20
  wasted energy devoted to Doug Wilson on this list.&nbsp;Frankly, I =
converted=20
  my Vision2020 membership to digest mode because of the largely =
worthless=20
  nature of the discussions. Why don't you all go back and read the =
mission=20
  statement of Vision 2020? </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you want to intellectually =
masturbate with=20
  Doug, then write him a singlet--directly to him, not using the list. =
If Doug=20
  is truly an embarrassment to the community then state your reasons and =
proofs=20
  why and make rational suggestions about what to do about it. Do not =
argue with=20
  him directly--quote his words. Let his primary written and spoken word =
speak=20
  for itself. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you have a problem with Doug, then =
I suggest=20
  that you write to the various leaders in the church or schools that =
Doug=20
  represents and explain to them that their church or school would=20
  have&nbsp;much greater support in the community if they would =
disinvest=20
  themselves and publicly cut themselves off from any person who even =
presents=20
  the&nbsp;appearance of being racist.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Finally,&nbsp;my =
biggest&nbsp;question about=20
  the&nbsp;City Council race has yet to be answered.&nbsp;Is there&nbsp; =
one=20
  among the candidates who espouses Doug's views? If there is, then let =
him or=20
  her be honest and proud&nbsp;of it.Talk to us. Please explain to all =
of=20
  us&nbsp;how Doug's views work toward the greater good of&nbsp;the =
entire=20
  community, county, state or country?&nbsp;In other words, if none of =
his ideas=20
  are bigger than himself,&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>then =
perhaps we=20
  should ignore him and&nbsp;(ignore you). &nbsp;</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jim =
Meyer</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C3A1FC.14222B40--