[Vision2020] correction: liquor insurance at 1912 bldg

Mike Curley curley@turbonet.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 10:13:59 -0700

I have been advised that I was wrong in a prior post.  I
apologize.

The proposal to require liquor caterers at the 1912 Bldg to
provide $1M insurance coverage naming the city as an
additional insured is NOT a proposed ordinance, but a
proposed policy change.  I believe the effect is the same,
but the policy would not show up in the city's ordinances.

Jack Hill:  As President of City Council, could you inquire
into having city policies posted on the website?  They have
the same effect as the law, but are impossible to find.
Staff has to interpret them and the citizens have little
opportunity to review and prepare for them in advance.  If
we want to be a business friendly town as council has
stated, it seems that a business should be able to see all
the rules at one time.  Thank you for your consideration.

Mike Curley