[Vision2020] RE: [Vision2020]Widespread Exploitation: How the teachers' unions take advantage of their own members -- but it's "for the children"

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Wed, 28 May 2003 11:05:17 -0700

As always, Mr. Hansen only read "a little past the headlines" (in his own
words).

First, this editorial was based on "facts" provided from the NEA. These were
not concocted by NRO.

Second, it is a logical fallacy (ad hominem circumstantial) to say dismiss
the study of a research organization because they don't agree with your view
of politics. I'm really surprised such fallacious arguments are provided in
such an educated town as Moscow. I clearly need to readjust my expectations.

Third, it is incorrect to say that conservative groups have a "disfavor with
education". It's more correct to say that they have a disfavor with
overpriced, poor government education. They have a *high* degree of favor
with excellent education. But I understand how that could be confusing to
some.

Finally, research and understanding of the issues takes reading past the
headlines and engaging with the content. Good luck!

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho