[Vision2020] News Article, Mental Illness, Fixation ofBelief Discussion

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 20:29:28 -0700

Mr. Potter:

One way to argue is to create a straw man then set it on fire.  Show me
where I claimed that all or anyone should always or even the majority of the
time see the logical necessities of their actions.  We live mostly by habit.
But most except the mentally lazy do have periods of contemplation which set
or change some of our habits.

Dialog is more constructive when you address the issues really raised.

You are right about the Dougs and myself.  We won't make a dent in each
others positions.  But the current dialogue, which is now near a hiatus, may
help some reader (if any) decide what and who they are.

I would like to live in peace.  But I won't.  I have a personal dislike of
sexism, racism, slavery, homophobia, anti-Semitism, anti-Arab sentiments,
etc.

I believe that there might have been some in history who felt the same way.

Wayne Fox