[Vision2020] (no subject)

Eric Engerbretson eric@eric-e.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 11:10:30 -0700

--Apple-Mail-22-71503199

In answer to Rosemary's burning question "what are Mr. Fox's "lies"=20
about Christianity"

Mr. Fox has stated things like: "supernatural beliefs vanish under the=20=

criteria of logical
consistency".  He has called Christianity "delusional-- one form of=20
mental illness".

He stated: "Behavioral scientists would argue that the more tenaciously=20=

held an
unevidenced or a contradictory belief is, the more severe the mental
illness."

Mr. Fox has written many detailed descriptions equating religion and=20
mental illness.
It is then very understandable that a religious person would call that=20=

statement a "lie".
A person doesn't need to be intentionally lying to be actually telling=20=

an untruth.  The point
is, Mr. Wilson and Mr. Jones believe it is a lie to say that religion=20
is mental illness. I don't
see the strangeness there.

The strangeness I see is that Mr. Fox claims that he is non-religious. =20=

I personally believe
every human has a world view that they adhere to and refer to on a=20
daily basis, some tenets of which cannot be empirically evidenced=96=96=20=

therefore, every human is religious.  Mr. Fox holds firmly to classical
logic, and yet cannot explain the ultimate origins of thought, or the=20
ultimate origins of many things. There
are certain contradictions at the root levels of his world view.  He=20
takes some things by "faith".  Therefore, by his definition, Mr. Fox is=20=

a religious person.  Therefore, he is mentally ill.  By his definition,=20=

then, every one of us is mentally ill.

I would agree=96=96 we all have times in our lives when we think that =
our=20
little minds=96 our wants, needs, hopes are an end unto themselves. We=20=

all have moments of rampant anarchy=96=96 but then we return to
sanity. To whatever degree we can articulate it, we all know, deep=20
down, that there is something out there
bigger than us.

Eric E.

--Apple-Mail-22-71503199

In answer to Rosemary's burning question "what are Mr. Fox's "lies"
about Christianity"

Mr. Fox has stated things like: "supernatural beliefs vanish under the
criteria of logical

consistency".  He has called Christianity "delusional-- one form of
mental illness".

He stated: "Behavioral scientists would argue that the more
tenaciously held an

[...]

is a religious person.  Therefore, he is mentally ill.  By his
definition, then, every one of us is mentally ill. =20

I would agree=96=96 we all have times in our lives when we think that =
our
little minds=96 our wants, needs, hopes are an end unto themselves. We
all have moments of rampant anarchy=96=96 but then we return to

sanity. To whatever degree we can articulate it, we all know, deep
down, that there is something out there

bigger than us.

=

--Apple-Mail-22-71503199--