[Vision2020] Lies????

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 15:38:27 -0700

Dear visionaries,

It really is good to hear from Rosemary from time to time, because it
inspires me to write. But she might want to remember the comment of P. G.
Wodehouse concerning folks like me. Some minds are like the soup in a poor
restaurant -- better left unstirred.

Who needs to lie about Christ Church, (certainly not Wayne Fox),
when  their religious ideology includes upholding:
>1.    the sexist notion that women are subject to men (hence the all male
>school board, marriage vows that include the bride's use of the word obey,
>etc.);

News flash. Orthodox Trinitarian Christianity is not egalitarian, and has
not been for quite some millennia now.

>1) the pro-slavery belief that God sanctioned slavery, (remember when Doug
>finally admitted that under "certain conditions" slavery was acceptable");

Yeah, like when I am taxed to pay for a school system that imposes
state-mandated agnosticism. I am enslaved, and Rosemary thinks it
acceptable. Glad we could come to agreement on one point at least.

>2) the homophobic and homicidal idea that the stoning of homosexuals
>fulfills God's requirement to punish "sinful" sexual acts. Thankfully this
>appears to be a biblical commandment they ignore (for now). However, they
>claim God will not be mocked, so it follows that in their perfect
>theocratic world they will be able (required)? to line up and spend an
>afternoon pelting the hell out of gay or lesbian sinners, or even
>disobedient children come to think of it.

Lowering the life expectancy of homosexuals is much higher on their list of
priorities than it is on mine. This would seem to be reasonable because it
is not on mine at all.

>4) the vision of an inerrant Bible and, hence the impossibility of evolution.

Ah, evolution. Whenever I gets to feeling a little down and blue, I think
about June bugs turning into sea lions, and it cheers me right up. Rigorous
science, that's the ticket!

>Good Heavens, who needs to lie?
>Rosemary Huskey

For her outstanding work in investigative research, we are pleased to
present Rosemary the Douglas Stambler Award for  finding out things about
Christ Church that nobody knows. This is to be distinguished from the
Douglas Stambler Award for finding out things that everybody knows.

Cordially,

Douglas