[Vision2020] MSD Student-to-Teacher ratio

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Sun, 18 May 2003 08:43:27 -0700

Mac Cantrell noted that Moscow has worked for years to keep class sizes as
small as possible in a state which gives very little to education. However,
Moscow is trying to "keep up with the Joneses." We're second only to Blaine
County, the *wealthiest* county in Idaho, full of millionaires in Ketchum
and Sun Valley. We lavish MSD with a student-to-teacher ratio on par with
the rich and famous.

About 50% of our town doesn't pay property taxes and levies (e.g., the
students). The means that with our 10,000 tax-paying residents, we try to
keep up with Ketchum and Sun Valley!

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho