[Vision2020] Stats MSD teacher/student ratio

Doug Farris heirloom@moscow.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 23:05:07 -0700

Mike Curley said:
"were about 20.3 per class K-3, about 22.7 per class K-6.  Those numbers
assumed an elementary enrollment of 1197 and were made before (but in
anticipation of a successful) levy. "

So this means that teachers can't complain any more about the Size of
the class, (as if size matters) Soooo. Let's assume that 20 students per
class is optimum and that teachers Should make 50K/year. that would make
the number of teachers and the grand total of teachers salaries to
be.... (2300 students, divide by 20/class, multiply by 50K) = 115
classes and or teachers * 50k = 5.75 Million so why tell me WHY do we
spend 12 to 14 million on teachers/administration salaries.

I could care less about the number of teachers we have but why are we
spending as much money as Blane Co. for education We don't have a Wendy
Jaquet as our Rep do we?

lemeno, Doug