[Vision2020] Oath for gun ownership/self-government

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:13:08 -0700

<P>Speaking of private gun ownership,</P>
<P>I am all for private ownership in places like Idaho, Montana, Alaska, and other places that are like two hours from the nearest law enforcement and there are plenty of places to hunt. I don't see how right-wing activists can preach, let alone sleep at night, that people living in the city have the right to own an automatic machine gun with armor piercing bullets. The only purpose for this weapon is murder. Small hand guns, and rifles have some legitimate uses in many areas of the country. </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>There are WAY to many stupid people out there that have guns that should not. They leave them out for their children to play with. They point them at people. They shoot their friends and hunting partners. They do not protect access to their guns and ammunition from others to use in crimes. Individuals should only be allowed to own a gun if they meet the following conditions. ( read this with a sense of humor and a pinch of salt)</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>a) They have an IQ of 90 or better</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>b) Take lessons and pass a test on how to properly use and store a gun</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>c) Have a minimum of a High School Diploma</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>d) Physically be able to aim and hit a target</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>e) Pass a common sense test. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>f) Sign the following agreement.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I ________________ Do solemnly swear to my God, my state, and my nation, that I will not use this gun as a toy. I will not point it at people. I will not use it commit a crime. I will not refer to it as a threat against another person(s)'s life. I will store it in a location where my children, my children's friends, or other visitors to my home can not access the gun or ammunition without my direct knowledge and permission. I will not clean it loaded, or even unloaded, in front of others. I will not discharge the weapon in a populated area of more then 10 other people with the exception of a shooting range or other specified area. While hunting I will not shoot it at any moving or living creature until I am 100% sure it is&nbsp;not another hunter or other human walking through the woods. I will use common sense in all my uses of this weapon, I fully understand it can kill, even by accident. I understand that I will not face legal prosecution for using it as a defense agai!
 nst my property, life, or the life of my family or neighbors. I fully understand that violation of this oath is contrary to the very principle of freedom and a direct violation of the freedoms and liberties of other free citizens of the United States of America. I am also intelligent enough to know that this weapon is not capable of defeating or defending against an even partial attack from the United States&nbsp;Military which is the most powerful&nbsp;on the planet. If I am found guilty of violating this oath then I shall be forced to sit on this gun in such a manner as to be able to&nbsp;pull the trigger, and then do so. : )</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan Arnold</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Joshua Nieuwsma <JOSHUAHENDRIK@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: vision <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] self-govenment
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;good point. I agree. But any government as big as the US that would use its full military force would be condemned world-over.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-joshua nieuwsma
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ron Force <RFORCE@MOSCOW.COM>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The concept of an armed citizenry rolling back the army of a tyrannical government has been a favorite fantasy of the Rambos of the right-- and to be perfectly honest, the loonies of the Left in the 70's. The recent festivities in Iraq should give such true believers pause. Let's face it, unless you have B-52s and JDAMS, the government has you way outgunned. The Marines made short work of the fedayeen, and they had mortars and quad machine guns, neither of which are likely to be on the open market soon.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;---------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>