[Vision2020] Homicidal bombers

Tina Cunningham kittz_cat@yahoo.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 17:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Doug W. said about suicide bombers... "Calling such
actions by our enemy "cowardly" is a good way to keep
ourselves clueless."

I couldn't agree more. (GASP!!)  In fact, I think us
calling them cowards keeps the process going.  It
enrages these fanatics and gives them fuel for the
psyco-fire!  I do not think they are cowards, I think
they are crazy mo fo's!  They do not care.  I feel
that is inhuman.  They are militarized fanatics that
will do anything for their God.  Including blowing up
themselves and others to prove to the world that they
are marters for their God.
Our past and presant leaders brought God into this
war.  Every speech I have listed to has mentioned God.
 Our leaders must understand that they interperate our
words differently.  To quote Dennis Miller, we are
having ourselves a good "old fashioned yeeeeehad!"

Just my opinion....
Tina Cunningham
Moscow

--- Douglas <dougwils@moscow.com> wrote:
> Visionaries,
>
> I am sure that part of this is an ethos problem. If
> I said it, it must be
> outlandish and subversive of the republic. Nobody in
> this quarter said
> anything about medals for bravery or heroism. I
> believe that men such as
> this are wicked, and those who did not die in their
> attack should be tried
> and executed. They are nutcases, pure and simple,
> or, to use the medieval
> phrase, cakes of fruite.
>
> You are on a destroyer in the South Pacific. A
> kamikaze is headed straight
> for your ship. You shake your fist at the plane as
> it approaches. What
> epithet comes to mind?
>
> "Adulterer!"
> "Tax-evader!"
> "Runs with scissors!"
> "Sluggard!"
>
> Such things are in fact moral failings, but they do
> not happen to be on
> exhibition at that moment. And neither is cowardice.
> We cannot say the
> action is cowardly because the victims in Saudia
> Arabia are defenseless and
> had no way of fighting back. The presence of weapons
> among those you attack
> makes the attackers' death a possibility. But on
> these missions, the
> victims don't need weapons to get us to that
> outcome. The attackers know
> they are going to die.
>
> I do not praise this -- I hate it. But I think that
> we will continue to be
> ineffective in fighting it until we know what is
> going on. Calling such
> actions by our enemy "cowardly" is a good way to
> keep ourselves clueless.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Douglas
>

> At 11:22 AM 5/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Oh god.. *puke*... how do you produce this rubbish?
> I'm sure if your
> >family was converted to spam by one of these
> attacks you would be the
> >first in line to pin a medal of bravery on the
> perpetrator.  Being brave
> >in their own minds and beliefs doesn't make them
> brave in mine.  So, next,
> >you will tell us that insane murderers aren't
> really murderers because, in
> >their own minds/beliefs, they were justified ?  Get
> real.
> >
> >Cowards.
> >
> >Tex
> >tex@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
> >
> >On Wed, 14 May 2003, Douglas wrote:
> >
> > > Visionaries,
> > >
> > > Would someone please tell the State Department
> to stop denouncing
> > > homicide/suicide bombers as cowardly? They are
> lots of wicked things, but
> > > being cowards is not one of them.
> > >
> > > Cordially,
> > >
> > > Douglas

> > >  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,
> > >  serving the communities of the Palouse since
> 1994.
> [...]

=====
"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs hanging free....."  **Dave Matthews Band