[Vision2020] Douglas Wilson's Rationale:

Eric Engerbretson eric@eric-e.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 20:58:52 -0700

--Apple-Mail-17--757195391

That sounds great, W., but the problem is=96 EVERYBODY thinks they are=20=

"keeping
their beliefs reality based and reviewing and testing them frequently".=20=

  So, you may
think your beliefs are better than those of others because you "test=20
them frequently" but, obviously, testing standards vary.

You say people shouldn't impose their beliefs on others, yet you hope=20
to change the world with that very method. The fact is, the world will=20=

not change at all until some people's beliefs are "imposed" on others=20
and those others see that those beliefs make good sense and ultimately=20=

show themselves to be true.

So, puhleez, stop with the imposing bans on imposing.  The only way to=20=

stop imposing
your beliefs on others would be to never write another letter to this=20
list. Impose away, but
call it what it is.  And quit calling people presumptuous by being=20
presumptuous.

Eric Engerbretson

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 20:24 US/Pacific, Art Deco wrote:

> Eric of Redhawk Crossing,
> =A0
> I=A0try to keep my beliefs reality based and review and test them=20
> frequently.=A0 In the short run some of my ideas may cause people like=20=

> yourself some discommoding moments.=A0 In the long run, I hope the =
world=20
> will be better.
> =A0
> W.

--Apple-Mail-17--757195391

That sounds great, W., but the problem is=96 EVERYBODY thinks they are
"keeping

their beliefs reality based and reviewing and testing them
frequently".  So, you may=20

think your beliefs are better than those of others because you "test
them frequently" but, obviously, testing standards vary.

You say people shouldn't impose their beliefs on others, yet you hope
to change the world with that very method. The fact is, the world will
not change at all until some people's beliefs are "imposed" on others
and those others see that those beliefs make good sense and ultimately
show themselves to be true.=20