[Vision2020] Douglas Wilson's Rationale: Logos School {Rationalization in this case, not rationale}

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 19:47:31 -0700

Re:  Try to explain so-called Pastor Wilson's sophistry.

The explanation offered by Ted Moffett on behalf of Douglas Wilson for
discriminating against women is simply a long winded sophistry which says
that there are some things that men can do better by nature than women and
running a cult school appears to be one of them.

Do the leaders and members of the cult think that every man is better
equipped to run their cult school than any women or to do any other task? Is
even the smartest woman less qualified than the dumbest man?  Just
understanding this last two statement makes a mockery of their arguments and
empirically false claim that women lack reason and prudence.

Here's another of their sleight of hand arguments:  so-called Pastor Wilson
quotes scripture to the effect that his alleged god thinks than that women
should not be in positions of authority.  In the next sentence says he is
not relying on that.  Why quote it in the first place?  The intended
audience for the scriptural quote are the sheep in the cult who will accept
that as the reason knowing that Wilson is just saying otherwise to disarm us
heathens despite the awfulness of the arguments used to support his apparent
secular position.

Here's another of their sleight of hand arguments:  The cult claims they are
more at legal risk for having de facto discrimination on their board than
for discrimination by rule.  What a silly-assed, ignorance based argument!
It is always easier to legally attack discrimination by rule than de facto
discrimination.  With de facto discrimination the plaintiffs must
demonstrate  by clear and cogent evidence that such discrimination exists.
No such proof is required for discrimination by rule.  The rest of the legal
case is the same for both positions.  I don't know who the cult is getting
their legal advice from (if anyone) but that person(s) is certainly inept
and/or possibly god struck.

An interesting study was publicized just in the last two weeks in the
business news in the Spokesman and on the internet:  Businesses started and
managed by women have half the failure rate than those started and managed
by men.  Suggestions that cult leaders and members have castration complexes
gain even more credibility in the light of this study.  Perhaps they would
allow women on their board if the men could wear armor proof protective
cups.

Perhaps the cult is worried that women do not appear to be as susceptible as
men to being god struck, a phenomenon studied and reported by many
therapists.  Besides the more serious pathology associated with being god
struck (think Jim Jones, David Koresh, perhaps Douglas Wilson) than that of
being stage struck, those who are god struck inflict much more pain,
anxiety, guilt, and do much more harm to others than themselves.

My personal ethic is that It is contrary to the basic ideals of freedom to
restrain and limit men or women from reaching their full non-criminal
potential and function in an open, free society.  My arguments for this
position are heuristic, not religious.

It is clear that the Christ Church cult only believes in freedom so far as
it advances their religious ideals.  I do not share these ideals; I think
they are based on pathology and delusion rather than evidence and good will.
I would guess that many on the Palouse who are familiar the cult's true
beliefs are repulsed rather than attracted by them.  This ongoing
discussion, despite smoke screening by the cult, has opened many eyes.  Even
some cult members are starting to question their adulation and unquestioning
belief of the cult leaders.  Stay tuned!

For now let's work for a society where every person can work towards their
full potential unlimited by artificial and delusional barriers erected by
fear and superstition.

Wayne Fox