[Vision2020] Logos School

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 12:52:20 -0700

At 10:12 AM 5/10/2003 -0700, Douglas wrote:
>The kind of mind that cannot see nobility in slave-owners like George
>Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Robert E. Lee is the kind of mind that
>cannot see nobility anywhere.

Douglas,

I think your statement is patently false.  I'm sure that there are many
people who do not see nobility in "slave-owners like George Washington,
Thomas Jefferson, and Robert E. Lee," but who see nobility in other people
who are more likely to meet a standard of heroism that you perhaps don't
understand.  I'd bet there are plenty of blacks who see nobility in Malcolm
X, Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks, while failing to see nobility in
men who held their ancestors as property.  Not to say that I can't see
nobility in these white icons, but my ancestors were never chattel on this
continent, either.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843