[Vision2020] support

Tina Cunningham kittz_cat@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 12:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

People.....

To better prepare our k-12 students for the future, we
must spend money.

Computers cost money.
Lab equipment costs money.
Books cost money.

NONE of these items are on *sale* at a discounted
price for our future.

In fact, all of these items have INCREASED in price
every year. It's called inflation.
Our children need to be prepared for college. In doing
so, we the people must spend a little more money,
whether we want to or not.

I went to Salmon River High School in Riggins, ID.
SRHS shares a school district with two other high
schools.  Not all of the high schools in this state
are as fortunate as Moscow, Boise, or Lewiston
schools, simply because they have to share the wealth.

The amount of kids enrolled has gone down, you've made
that point over and over again.  But the COST OF
LIVING has increased yearly aswell.

I believe that we spend too much time bickering, and
not enough time supporting.  Our kids see us hemming
and hawing about their future, and how much it is
costing us.  How does that make them feel?  Do they
feel we support them? Maybe the test scores reflect
the negative impact our bickering is having on our
children.

Just my opinion...
Tina Cunningham

=====
"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs hanging free....."  **Dave Matthews Band