[Vision2020] Stoning in Iran

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 23:16:56 -0700

I'm not one who enjoys watching violence, but I happened across the most
disgusting thing I've seen videotaped: a stoning in Iran.
http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/video.html

Not for the weak at heart.

After binding and covering them with a sheet, they place their legs into a
hole which is filled with dirt up to their waste.  The people gathered than
throw stones at the victims.  It took at least 10 minutes of pelting before
the person died.

One highlight: one person sorta broke free and was able to put his hands in
front of his head, only prolonging his death.

Sometimes, I fail to understand humans.

Sadly,
Garrett Clevenger

http://www.icehouse.net/garrett