[Vision2020] MSD financial condition

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:06:14 -0800

Donovan wrote:
> If you think Moscow schools are so horrible, then why don't
> you create a
> private school and show us all how it is done right. If our
> schools are so
> bad at operating, then it should be a snap for you!

Don't need to. It's already been done here numerous times, and it's been
done in every other city in the country.

*Every* private school in the country has to provide the best education at
the lowest cost; and parents are disgusted enough with the government
schools to seek an educational alternative and pay out-of-pocket for the
difference. And these numbers continue to rise. You may want to look at the
census bureau information for how many people continue to bail from the
government schools.

But this is also true for those who homeschool. Has it ever occurred to you
how odd it is that someone can be homeschooled and across the board score
higher on SAT's and ACT's than those taught by the educrats? Studies have
confirmed across the board that homeschoolers score significantly higher on
standardized tests than government schoolers.

If you *really* want a list of private schools that I know of in Moscow that
could show MSD how to do it right, contact me off-line. There are 5 that I
can think of.

Best,
Dale