[Vision2020] MSD financial condition

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:22:14 -0800

My apologies to Mr. COurtney.  I was assuming an average annual inflation
rate of 5% (considering the Bush years '88 - '92).  Apparently a more
accurate figure is approximately somewhere between 2.9% and 3.1% for the
years 1988 thru 2002.

Once again, my apologies.

Tom Hansen

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Courtney [mailto:dale@courtneys.us]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 2:10 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] MSD financial condition

> Aren't you assuming that at some time in the past there was
> an optimal teacher-student ratio, an optimal funding level,
> optimal everything that we have now moved away from? Just
> because there is an increase in teachers, budget $$, etc,
> does not mean that it was already at some 'ideal' operational level.

Debbie,

First, what is the ideal classroom size?

Second, just how far does the MSD student enrollment need to decrease before
we start lowering our variable costs? I'd really like to hear a private
business owner (who manages people and budget) give rational for this? Only
in the government would we consider increasing the budget when the demand
for services decreases 13 percent.

Best,
Dale Courtney

 List services made available by First Step Internet,