[Vision2020] Grenade attack

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:50:17 -0800

Tom,

Actually, I do not believe that the military investigators are foolish
enough to set aside the gentleman's religious beliefs. I believe they are
wise enough to withhold the fact that they have not set it aside. And the
reason for doing this is not hard to find. In these politically correct
times, if they were to announce that they believed a possible motive was
that this soldier wanted to aid his brothers in the Muslim faith, they
would find themselves immediately accused of racism, which is precisely
what you did to me in your second post. Accusing people who differ on such
questions of being Nazi racists is like breathing to some people After a
while you don't notice yourselves doing it anymore.

So here is the short form. What would have happened to the investigators if
they had brought up that possibility? Well, gee. What happened to me when I
brought it up? The CID guys did not want a PR firestorm, mini-versions of
which we see regularly on Vision 20/20.

"General Franks, has the suspect always been black? Are you saying
blackness is a crime too?"

Cordially,

Douglas