[Vision2020] Now we have come to war

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:35:40 -0800

Now we have come to war, and it is time to say the obvious:
Every one of us, I suspect, wants every one of our troops to
come home safely.

That is not the same thing as believing the war is
justified. This country has chosen to spend more on military
weaponry than most of the rest of the world combined.

And our president has chosen to attack a country that posed
no threat to us or others, although our president again and
again pretended that it did.

Instead of war, we could have fed the hungry in the world
and given treatment to the ill in our country who had no
healthcare, but that was not the decision taken by our
leaders.

Now the first thing we need to face is hoping and doing
everything we can to bring our troops home safely. After
that, perhaps we can pay some attention to other needs?

Don Coombs