[Vision2020] Amazonian Goddesses Do Battle!

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:22:35 -0800 (PST)

I echo Jacob Spencer's comments: Logos School, Christ
Church, and the Bonham Boxing/Lacrosse Clubs are not
one and the same, and it would be nice to see future
Vision 2020 postings distinguish between them.

According to the Logos School website, the school is
"absolutely committed to the central principles of the
Christian faith, but allow[s] for a variety of
convictions on secondary doctrinal principles.
[Its]staff represent many different evangelical
churches, and the same is true of the vast majority of
[its] student body." (It is not my purpose to argue
that Logos does or does not fulfill this objective,
only to present its official position relative to
local churches.)

Mr. Moffett writes "informally Logos school does have
connections to the Bonham boxing or Lacrosse club. And
my charge of sexism still stands regarding these
informal connections..."

I believe that Logos has formal connections (by way of
its own athletic programs) to girls' volleyball,
basketball, track, and cross country. (It has been a
while since I have taken inventory of Logos athletic
programs; please correct me if I my facts are false or
incomplete.) To suggest that the school is sexist
because it allows its male students to participate in
certain extracurricular activities seems odd. If the
school is sexist, this policy of "tolerance" does not
seem to provide conclusive evidence.

Merely the humble opinion of a Logos graduate and
coach/player/fan of the world's most popular game
(soccer, of course)...

Ben Twigg