[Vision2020] Computer Seized in Idaho Had 9-11 Targets

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:51:55 -0800

> Amazingly, or maybe not, I noticed that many local papers mentioned John
> Dickinson's testimony to that effect (that many people probably have
> pictures like that stored in their cache), but when the article was
filtered
> by the national press, they omitted those statements and just mentioned
the
> "incriminating" photos.  I also note that the prosecutor could not state
> where on the drive those files were located, nor what the timestamp (I
know
> that can be changed) was on those files.

There're many questions here that won't be answered quickly.

First, these pictures *may* have been stored in the Browser Cache files.
However, if they are stored in a location where you have to take overt
action to save them (Save-As; right-click, save; etc), then that's something
completely different. I don't know about you, but *I* don't have the kind of
pictures on my computers that the authorities say he did.

Second, it's *possible* for someone to have temp files from 18 months ago in
the Internet Cache, but it's highly unlikely -- especially someone who
spends a great deal of time on the Internet.

I'm interested in seeing where the money trail of the $300,000+ leads. I
think that will be much more revealing than pictures found on the hard
drive; and, he was arrested *not* for what they suspected was on his hard
drive. Whatever is on the computer will only add to whatever evidence they
had against him before he was arrested.

Best,
Dale