[Vision2020] bonhom lacrosse

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:23:17 -0800

Dale asks:  Can you just imagine what the likes of Rosemary Huskey, et al,
would say to little boys playing rugby! I'm sure they would have a fit at
something as physical and "rough" as Lacrosse -- even with helmets and pads!
Someone may get beat up, or fall down and get hurt. Yikes!

I am the likes of Rosemary Huskey, I think, if not the woman herself, and my
question is this:

Will the growing Bonhom-Athletic complex offer "Trinitarian" young women the
opportunity to celebrate the beautiful mechanisms of the human body and the
glories of intense physical competition through lacrosse?  Or rugby?  Both
are very popular sports among women at the college level.

Celebrating Title IX and its splendid legacy of opportunity for women,

Melynda Huskey

"We utterly deny all outward wars and strife, and fightings with outward
weapons, for any end, or under any pretense whatsoever: this is our
testimony to the whole world."
Quaker Declaration of 1660