[Vision2020] State Public Education Budget Question

Ron Force rforce@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:38:54 -0800

Here's the figures from the National Center for Educational Statistics:

Enrollments, Public Primary and Secondary, Idaho
1990 220,840
2001 245,650
+11.25%

Expenditures

1990 $708,045,000
2000 $1,297,838,000
+83%

One thing to keep in mind is that bodies don't inflate, but dollars do.  In
constant 1990 dollars, the 2000 expenditure would be $972,137,000, or an
increase of 37%

By the way, the same statistics show private school enrollment increasing
from 6,644 to 10,209 during the same period.
Ron Force	      	  rforce@moscow.com
Moscow Idaho USA