[Vision2020] State Public Education Budget Question

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:07:56 -0800 (PST)

Visionaries,
      During the last election campaign season I had
the opportunity to discuss the ID Education budget
with a Boise CPA who also happened to be the
Libertarian candidate for Supt. Of Public
Instruction(I think that's what it's called--Marilyn
Howard's office.)

      In the course of our conversation this
individual stated several times that between the years
of 1990-2000 enrollment in ID public schools had
experienced a minimal increase--I believe she said
well less than 10%---but that State spending on
education had doubled during those same years.

     As mentioned, this person was both a Libertarian
and an accountant so I'm sure she had the political
motivation as well as the professional ability to
"creatively" use figures to make a point.

     Anyway, does anyone have access to information as
to whether or not the small enrollment
increase/doubling budget statement is accurate?

      Thanks,

=====
Tim L
"If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention"