[Vision2020] Boxing

Nate Wilson natewilson@moscow.com
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:50:18 -0800

Hello All,
    While I must say I appreciate all the concern displayed on this list
for our boxing youth and their potentially damaged future
thought-processes, things have been blown a little out of proportion.
    Any one present at Fight Night would realize that our smallest
fighters would have run greater risks had they stayed home and a) had a
pillow fight with their sister b) sat in their room heading a soccer
ball c) watched Nickelodeon, or d) tried to Look/Say learn to read.
    As it was they wore gloves up to their elbows, and facemasked
headgear of the distinctly pumpkin variety. Of course, the man fighting
the bear got a little ugly, and the cock-fights disturbed some people.

Nate