[Vision2020] Now for something completely different: Snow Tires

hayman@moscow.com hayman@moscow.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:51:57 GMT

>From a studded, AWD Subaru (THE unofficial vehicle of the PNW)
driver/user:

We have experienced leniency of late within the regions of winter. But "10 -
11 years?" I recall seven years ago quite the pasting of snow footage and
cold temps-- ~3 feet at the base of Moscow Mountain with correlative
temps of - 30 F on my front porch with an accurate Taylor thermometer.

And I must quibble with "nasty" in terms of driving conditions. 1/2 inch of
black ice, white ice, or whatever flavor one prefers can indeed constitute
nasty driving conditions, and can happen on any given morning or
evening.

Finally, some of us travel outside of North Idaho during winter conditions
for whatever legal reason within the bounds of the Homeland Security Act.

SOS (Save our studs),

Warren Hayman