[Vision2020] Wilson, Westburg wrong?

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:16:02 -0800

Both Doug Wilson and Carl Westburg could be wrong. Whether
or not they're wrong, they're definitely picking on a
minority. I can't imagine any group more in the minority
than people who like lutefisk.
I married into Norwegian food, and gradually found myself
liking lutefisk. Part of the trick was ignorance; I didn't
know that in Scandinavia poor people ate lutefisk because it
was about all they could afford.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The problem with
saying that is that most people who knock it have indeed
tried it. Lutefisk is something you don't work into
conversation unless you've had some experience with it.

But maybe that experience didn't involve putting the hot
gelatinous fish on lots of hot mashed potatoes, with lots of
melted butter and just the right amount of salt. Maybe that
experience didn't even involve knocking back aquavit first.

Don Coombs