[Vision2020] Phone call from the FBI?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 04:00:39 +0000

Bob, et. al.

I am very aware that the vision2020 list, along with other "e-groups," will
be monitored for certain content by the powers that be.  I hear my door
being broken in at 4 AM... Naw, it can't happen here in the land of the free
and the home of the brave, right?

However, it seems a bit clumsy, and what would be gained, for the FBI to
call you posing as someone interested in the origin of the name for that
mosque.   Wouldn't they just put you on a list of people to watch and/or run
a background check, and leave it at that, unless they really thought you
were up to something, in which case they would take pains not to "tip you
off"  with phony sounding phone calls from unidenified people?  Unless
someone at the FBI just likes being nosy and playing games.

If they really thought you knew something of value they wanted to
investigate, again, this phone call gets them nowhere. Unless perhaps they
thought you might launch into a apoplexic tirade against...  I won't say
against what, this post is monitored!  Ha!

Why did you not ask who was calling?

Ted