[Vision2020] Gimme my money, George

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:47:08 -0700

Good heavens above!  If, as John Harrell suggests, the only choice we have
is between supporting vouchers for private religious schools or Nazism, then
please, Logos, etc., take my money.  I can't remember all of the words to
the Horst Wessel, I'm not limber enough to goose-step, and, unlike Adolf
Hitler, I am not a vegetarian.

Perhaps what we need in this country is more selective taxation.  John is
tired of having his money "freed" from his pocketbook to pay for public
education when he doesn't even use it.  I say, right on.  Give John his
money back, and give me mine, too.  Here are some things I'm tired of paying
for:

1)  I'm tired of paying for the Secret Service to chase Jenna Bush from gin
mill to gin mill.  Couldn't AA just lend her a sponsor?

2)  I'm tired of paying for maintenance on Route 66 and the Pacific Coast
Highway.  I've never even driven on the damn things.

3)  I'm tired of stocking the shelves at Archer Daniels Midlands,
Supermarket to the World.  And why am I subsidizing the expansion of
McDonald's into Russia and China?  I feel hamburgled.

4)  I'm tired of paying for those pasties John Ashcroft puts on topless
statues at the Justice Department.  Does he really think people will mistake
the figure of blind justice for a lap dancer?

5)  I'm tired of paying for Strom Thurmond's diapers.  Wait--scratch that
one.

I'll be waiting for my check.  Perhaps it'll come when those millions of
low-income families get their child tax credits.

In anticipation,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
Serving Idaho's liberal elite since 1993