[Vision2020] MSD and all that controversy

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:19:32 -0700

<P>John,</P>
<P>Do you have one iota of evidence to back this claim? Have you ever done an ounce of research on the educational attainment of a child before a public educational system was introduced into the society?&nbsp;Name&nbsp;a few and&nbsp;show how they&nbsp;advanced beyond similar cultures with a public educational system. I am willing to bet that you are just talking and never realized that the average person in the 1770's to 1920's&nbsp;before public education was in every community and required for every child to attend that you didn't know that they were lucky to have a 8th grade level education of a child today. George Washington was in the richest&nbsp;family in the country, and he never completed 6th grade. </P></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: John Harrell <JOHNBHARRELL@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: mysticchic <MYSTIC_CHIC1021@YAHOO.COM>, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] MSD and all that controversy
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Don't know who you are, you didn't sign your name, but nevertheless, I couldn't
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;help but respond to -
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Your question: "I guess the most puzzling thing for me to understand is if we
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;just tossed out the School district and gave everyone back their almighty tax
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;dollars, what kind of children would we have then?"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;My answer - uh, educated ones?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Cheers!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;John Harrell
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--- mysticchic <MYSTIC_CHIC1021@YAHOO.COM>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Once again I open my e-mail to find that everyone has left the saga of Mr. anti- Christ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; church and turned their wrath towards apparently to the only other important issue in
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Moscow: The dreadful Moscow School District. I realize that it takes a lot of money to
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; support the district, but come on folks it is a good cause. These are children who
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; should be given a chance to an education just as each one of us was given.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; I read what a lot of people continue to write and I always wonder, How many of these
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; people actually have school age children?, and if you do , do you offer to help your
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; children's school by volunteering?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; I guess the most puzzling thing for me to understand is if we just tossed out the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; School district and gave everyone back their almighty tax dollars, what kind of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; children would we have then?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ---------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;__________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://sbc.yahoo.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_____________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>