[Vision2020] How one ID school district dealt with declining enrollment

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:15:35 -0700

<P>John,</P>
<P>Interesting the mentality that you have. A couple of questions I have for you.</P></DIV>
<P>1) Do you refer to children as property? Like a couch, dog, or car.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>2) You want people to stay out&nbsp;of the choices and the options&nbsp;you&nbsp;choose for your children.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Do you then favor that all non-parents, or&nbsp;parents with children not in the school system, not pay any taxes to go to the public educational system? If they do it will effect the options and choices you have for your children. Why&nbsp;should they pay for&nbsp;the maintenance and care of *property* that is not theirs? Further, why should they give huge sums of money that they&nbsp;have absolutely no control over&nbsp;what happens to it?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>3) If parents are given&nbsp;absolute control of their children, how do we avoid abusive parents? Isn't regulating the parents a form of&nbsp;liberal control over a&nbsp;family? Doesn't preventing a child from an education a form of abuse?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>4) Isn't giving parents vouchers a form of welfare considering that all taxpayers are putting into the voucher yet are not getting something from it?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>5) Why should poor income people that have no children pay for&nbsp;your child's education when&nbsp;you have more money? </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>6) Isn't the cost of paying&nbsp;for your child preventing&nbsp;some people from saving and having their own children?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>7) Having to pay for your child prevents some people from having children, isn't that *you* getting involved in their personal family life and the decisions they would like to make?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I&nbsp;am just confused as to the way you are thinking. I am not implying you don't care for *your* children, it is evident that you do. But your thinking seems flawed and you need to clear some things up. Thanks!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: John Harrell <JOHNBHARRELL@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: thansen@moscow.com, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] How one ID school district dealt with declining enrollment
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom had said, "What is more important: your tax liability or your children's future?"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You are joking again - right?!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Well at least you said "your" children and not "our" children. So I thank you for that!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;And as a result of your question, thank you for allowing me to choose what is the best for my children. (A most illogical question posed in the first place. But false dilemmas are typical.)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;But will you really allow me to decide what is best for my childrens future? Or will you really decide that they are your children also and therefore try to decide for yourself what is best for my children. Get your nose out my family! But typical of most liberals, you must try to control every aspect of my life. Go away, leave my children alone!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Cheers!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;John Harrell
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>