[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Luke lukenieuwsma@softhome.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:47:17 -0700

Mr. Arnold:

>You are hysterical! Absolutely entertaining!

Now if only my friends would say that to me...

<Ever hear of the world "Love". Ever hear of the >term "jail". Every think
of the <concept of chaos. How about "revenge" or "insecurity". >Or perhaps
"negotiation" and <"Bargaining", or "friends" and "Respect" hold less value
>then the benefits murder and <theft.

If your point is correct, then why do so many people murder and steal?
Simple logic should convince them not to do it.

>The Bible doesn't list things as being "wrong" just for the sake of calling
some things >"wrong" and some things "right". There are reasons for why
these things are listed.

I agree. God hates them.

...word "Commandments". So based on your logic, as a child you would have
>robbed, >stole, cheated, lied, manipulated, and murdered your playmates
>since you did not have >the ability to understand religion. I, like my

    So Mr. Arnold was the perfect little angel when he was little. And his
memory is so perfect that he knows whether he ever did anything naughty,
particularly stealing. I am so impressed.
    Of course when I was little, I was dishonest, I manipulated, I cheated,
I hated. Everyone does those things. I very much doubt that you were
different. And if you don't think that children act this way, open your eyes
for a bit. Visit a day-care center and watch the children misbehave
themselves and be corrected again, and again, and again...

>>You ask: "So the question comes down to this: what is the basis for your
rules, for >>your blasphemies, for your moralities?"
>Answer: Survival and being successful based on human behavior.

Well then, if sleeping with all the pretty girls in town made you very
popular and made you feel good, what would be wrong with it? It would even
help society - bringing babies into the world is a good thing, isn't it?

>I worship God because I want to, I love him. I follow rules of not
stealing, lying, >cheating, and murdering because I believe that they are in
the best interests of myself >and society. I do nice things for people
because it makes me feel good to so and helps >me when they do nice things
for me.

So you openly admit that you are at the center. You do what you call good
because it brings You pleasure, and you get things from people too. I submit
that if they didn't help you in some way, you would refrain from those
rules. And therefore, your morals are relative.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Luke Nieuwsma