[Vision2020] tired of the nonsense and frivioulus debate

roger hayes rhayes@turbonet.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:50:23 -0700

Dear 2020 readers:

   It's been a long time since I posted anything to this list.  For
years I was intrigued by the various opinions on community issues.
Lately, I tire of the nonsense being posted to this list.  It isn't
just Douglas Stambler who wears me thin.  I tire of the Christian vs
all other belief system debates.  I tire of the endless
"one-up-manship" so prevailant by so many.

  I am certain that no answers will be derived by ceasely posting on the
basis of religious faith, or steering lenghtly diatribes from the helm
of some logical argument. What about community development?  What about
the erosion of our Constitional freedoms in this age of paranoia vs
real threat?  What about the erosion of the downtown tax base
non-taxpaying institutions?  How about commenting on the quality of
life here in this wonderful town?  What will we do about the depletion
of our aquifer?   Is there a need for public transportation? What is
the progress of the trail between Moscow and Troy?  What issues do
Moscovites think will dominate the upcoming city election?

These are just a few issues I find interesting and relevant.  I am
certain there are many more for which I am unaware.  Why don't we write
about those issues?  Anyone have any comments or input?

Sincerely,

Roger Hayes
Moscow