[Vision2020] A PRIVATE REPONSE TO DONOVAN ARNOLD

Douglas Stambler stopchristchurch@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1826660570-1056591840=:39466

Donovan:

God is not a voice in my head, but rather a guidance in my soul.

Can you not see the corruption that is rampant in Moscow?  Can you not see the years of accumulated secrets?  Can you not see that this environment has in a large part contributed to the Hoover scandal?

I was on the university campus last May 2002, telling people that Hoover was stealing money from the university.  They told me to be quiet.  But I continued investigating off-campus, and sure enough, what I alleged to be true even without having a paper trail, was in fact true months later in the press.

I'm way ahead of people, Donovan.

But I will say this: I am totally willing to give up this idea of prophet and president, if I am so much as proven wrong, even once!  I do not feel that I have mispoken on the forum at all, and I have tried to get planted here in Moscow, but I object to the pervasive corruption, and so I have stayed on to help reform your town.  I really don't care at this point if anyone wants someone like me around or not, but I do have a knack for exposing things that are hidden.  And I will continue to do so.  If that makes me unpopular, then I accept that.  But no one has proven that 1) my allegation that the Moscow Police Department knew about drugs being used at 225 N. Home Street for about a decade before the topless car wash; 2) that 1/3 of the police in Moscow should be arrested by the other 2/3 of the force, with the freed-up salaries going to the honest cops; 3) and, that Doug Wilson has almost single-handedly made Moscow untenable for righteous people, whatever their religion.  !
 Until I
 am proven wrong on these assertions, I WON'T stop talking.  I don't care what you say about me, really.  THE LORD'S WILL BE DONE, AND IF I'M IN THE WRONG, THEN GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ME, NOT YOU.

One last point, Donovan: I maintain that I'm a pacifist, and that I try to avoid conflict, notably physical conflict with others.  I also believe that God gives me physical protection, and that I can speak with impunity the way I do, because God wants me to do it that way.  Some are town criers and some are anonymous authors - I am both, and more - but aren't we all?

You think too black and white, Donovan.  I'm not the only person who thinks that Moscow should be radically reformed, and I'm not the only one on the forum who thinks that people like you, Moffet, Hansen, Wilson, Cleavenger are just a bunch of simpering idiots, who don't have the courage to even come out of your shells and come and meet me in person and have a normal conversation face to face.  IN FACT, DOUG WILSON HAS MET ME FACE TO FACE, BUT HE SNUCK INTO A MEETING WITH ME AND HIS FATHER LIKE A TRUE WUSS.  I AM willing to meet with others, and I'm willing to let disagreements be disagreements.  And I can understand that people don't want to meet with me, and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.  THE LORD'S WILL BE DONE, not my own.  I have nothing to prove.

But if you think that I was for a moment serious about going to my hometown in Connecticut, then you can't even tell when the forum is being mocked, and maybe YOU should find somewhere else to post.

In Christ,
Douglas Stambler

Donovan Arnold <donovanarnold@hotmail.com> wrote:

Doug,

Why don't you ask God to buy you ticket for Conneticut? Why don't you ask God to get you a JOB? Why don't you ask God to find you a home away from "satan worshipers". Why don't you ask God for at least one freaking follower? Why don't you ask God to tell you who sent you a email to have "YOU" help them with a lawsuit against "Christ Church"?

I will tell you why Doug. You are mentally ill. You need help. That is obvious to anyone that knows you. You are not stupid, why don't you start asking a few of the people in here if they think you are mentally ill. I sure you will find the answer to be "yes" by 95% + of the responses.

You know how you said that God speaks to you through other people. Well, this is just a guess, but I think God is speaking to you through all people in saying that you need mental help. Good luck.

Donovan J Arnold

>From: Douglas Stambler
>To: Donovan Arnold , vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] response to donovan arnold
>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Donovan:
>
>What is the clinical definition of "mental illness?"
>
>And weren't many slanderous things also said about Joseph Smith (a founder of the Mormon Church), and aren't there still slanderous remarks made about Mormons today? My assertion that I am head prophet of the world is rooted in the Mormon tradition - a man by the name of Gordon B. Hinckley is the current head prophet of the Church - and Mormons believe that their church is the true church in all of the world. So, that would make Gordon B. Hinckley HEAD prophet of the world's church, right? Yes. If you think that they are delusional, that's your right - they may or MAY NOT be. Should all Mormons check into hospitals just because they believe that their church is the only right church in the world. Please, Donovan, get a grip, you might even try praying to Jesus once in a while for some clarity.
>
>Anyway, my claim is that The Book of Mormon has been fulfilled, and that I am the next head prophet in line. Now, just because I don't have a church to back me with this, doesn't mean that I'm mentally ill. When people say that reincarnation is possible, I say that there is no evidence that we are reincarnated: yet, people concoct entire religions from that foolish notion that today I am a human and yesterday I was a cow or a fly.
>
>But aren't all religions just a little bit foolish, anyway, Donovan? You have to admit, something's wrong in the world regarding religion...well, I happen to think that I know how to resolve those basic problems with the world's theosophies. If that makes me smarter than anyone around, then fine.
>
>I believe that we are in the period referred to in The Book of Revelation (New Testament) as The End Times. And, so I have no interest in putting down roots, when all I see is evidence (concrete evidence) that the universities, churches, places of business, most forms of government, will all be blown from their foundations by a spiritual wind that is blowing through each one of us. I want to be clear on this: I'm NOT EVER trying to start a religion, I'm just trying to get people to bring God into their daily lives, so that we can all live better - but there is so much evil afoot these days, Donovan - and...you're a part of it.
>

>In Christ,
>Douglas Stambler
>

>onovan Arnold wrote:
>
>You know folks,

> [...]

<DIV>Donovan:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>God is not a voice in my head, but rather a guidance in my soul.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can you not see the corruption that is rampant in Moscow?&nbsp; Can you not see the years of accumulated secrets?&nbsp; Can you not see that this environment has in a large part contributed to the Hoover scandal?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was on the university campus last May 2002, telling people that Hoover was stealing money from the university.&nbsp; They told me to be quiet.&nbsp; But I continued investigating off-campus, and sure enough, what I alleged to be true even without having a paper trail, was in fact true months later in the press.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm way ahead of people, Donovan.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I will say this: I am totally willing to give up this idea of prophet and president, if I am so much as proven wrong, even once!&nbsp; I do not feel that I have mispoken on the forum at all, and I have tried to get planted here in Moscow, but I object to the pervasive corruption, and so I have stayed on to help reform your town.&nbsp; I really don't care at this point if anyone wants someone like me around or not, but I do have a knack for exposing things that are hidden.&nbsp; And I will continue to do so.&nbsp; If that makes me unpopular, then I accept that.&nbsp; But no one has proven that 1) my allegation that the Moscow Police Department knew about drugs being used at 225 N. Home Street for about a decade before the topless car wash; 2) that 1/3 of the police in Moscow should be arrested by the other 2/3 of the force, with the freed-up salaries going to the honest cops; 3) and, that Doug Wilson has almost single-handedly made Moscow untenable for righteous peop!
 le,
 whatever their religion.&nbsp; Until I am proven wrong on these assertions, I WON'T stop talking.&nbsp; I don't care what you say about me, really.&nbsp; THE LORD'S WILL BE DONE, AND IF I'M IN THE WRONG, THEN GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ME, NOT YOU.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One last point, Donovan: I maintain that I'm a pacifist, and that I try to avoid conflict, notably physical conflict with others.&nbsp; I also believe that God gives me physical protection, and that I can speak with impunity the way I do, because God wants me to do it that way.&nbsp; Some are town criers and some are anonymous authors - I am both, and more - but aren't we all?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You think too black and white, Donovan.&nbsp; I'm not the only person who thinks that Moscow should be radically reformed, and I'm not the only one on the forum who thinks that people like you, Moffet, Hansen, Wilson, Cleavenger are just a bunch of simpering idiots, who don't have the courage to even come out of your shells and come and meet me in person and have a normal conversation face to face.&nbsp; IN FACT, DOUG WILSON HAS MET ME FACE TO FACE, BUT HE SNUCK INTO A MEETING WITH ME AND HIS FATHER LIKE A TRUE WUSS.&nbsp; I&nbsp;AM willing to meet with others, and I'm willing to let disagreements be disagreements.&nbsp; And I can understand that people don't want to meet with me, and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.&nbsp; THE LORD'S WILL BE DONE, not my own.&nbsp; I have nothing to prove.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But if you think that I was for a moment serious about going to my hometown in Connecticut, then you can't even tell when&nbsp;the forum is&nbsp;being mocked, and maybe YOU should find somewhere else to post.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In Christ,</DIV>
<DIV>Douglas Stambler<BR><BR><B><I>Donovan Arnold &lt;donovanarnold@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>Doug,</P>
<P>Why don't you ask God to buy you ticket for Conneticut? Why don't you ask God to get you a JOB? Why don't you ask God to find you a home away from "satan worshipers". Why don't you ask God for at least one freaking follower? Why don't you ask God to tell you who sent you a email to have "YOU" help them with a lawsuit against "Christ Church"?</P>
<P>I will tell you why Doug. You are mentally ill. You need help. That is obvious to anyone that knows you. You are not stupid, why don't you start asking a few of the people in here if they think you are mentally ill. I sure you will find the answer to be "yes" by 95% + of the responses. </P>
<P>You know how you said that God speaks to you through other people. Well, this is just a guess, but I think God is speaking to you through all people in saying that you need mental help. Good luck. </P>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Douglas Stambler <STOPCHRISTCHURCH@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Donovan Arnold <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] response to donovan arnold
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Donovan:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;What is the clinical definition of "mental illness?"
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;And weren't many slanderous things also said about Joseph Smith (a founder of the Mormon Church), and aren't there still slanderous remarks made about Mormons today? My assertion that I am head prophet of the world is rooted in the Mormon tradition - a man by the name of Gordon B. Hinckley is the current head prophet of the Church - and Mormons believe that their church is the true church in all of the world. So, that would make Gordon B. Hinckley HEAD prophet of the world's church, right? Yes. If you think that they are delusional, that's your right - they may or MAY NOT be. Should all Mormons check into hospitals just because they believe that their church is the only right church in the world. Please, Donovan, get a grip, you might even try praying to Jesus once in a while for some clarity.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Anyway, my claim is that The Book of Mormon has been fulfilled, and that I am the next head prophet in line. Now, just because I don't have a church to back me with this, doesn't mean that I'm mentally ill. When people say that reincarnation is possible, I say that there is no evidence that we are reincarnated: yet, people concoct entire religions from that foolish notion that today I am a human and yesterday I was a cow or a fly.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;But aren't all religions just a little bit foolish, anyway, Donovan? You have to admit, something's wrong in the world regarding religion...well, I happen to think that I know how to resolve those basic problems with the world's theosophies. If that makes me smarter than anyone around, then fine.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I believe that we are in the period referred to in The Book of Revelation (New Testament) as The End Times. And, so I have no interest in putting down roots, when all I see is evidence (concrete evidence) that the universities, churches, places of business, most forms of government, will all be blown from their foundations by a spiritual wind that is blowing through each one of us. I want to be clear on this: I'm NOT EVER trying to start a religion, I'm just trying to get people to bring God into their daily lives, so that we can all live better - but there is so much evil afoot these days, Donovan - and...you're a part of it.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In Christ,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Douglas Stambler
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;onovan Arnold <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You know folks,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;At first, I despised Stambler. Now I just feel sorry for him. It is clear he is mentally ill and needs help. He has no friends, no family, and no ability to get hired, much less maintain a job. His statements that he is "the smartest guy around" a future "President of the United States" a "Prophet" and a "Sheer" is only part of the evidence of his mental delusions of self grandeur. It is sad that someone has to believe this about themselves to think they are worth something.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Making such statements about oneself in a public forum is a sure sign of mental disorder. I think Douglas needs serious professional help. Is there anyone on Vision2020 that knows how Douglas can use government services to give him the help that he needs? I think this would be of better use then giving him a ticket to Connecticut where he will continue to damage himself and others with mental delusions and false statements about others.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I don't mean to sound like a bleeding heart liberal here, but really, if someone had a physical ailment, would we ignore and mistreat them? So what is the difference between an outside disability and internal one? A brain can be just as dysfunctional as an outside appendage. Clearly Douglas does not think he is mentally ill. However, how many people do that are?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Donovan J Arnold
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;From: Douglas Stambler
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;To: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Subject: [Vision2020] Regarding The Lawsuits Against Christ Church
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;I kindly ask the person who asked me to help them with their lawsuit against Christ Church to come forward -in the name of Christ- and tell the forum that I am not making up these charges. I will not violate the confidence you placed in me when you e-mailed me and asked me to help you, but I refuse to take this forum's abuse about me making things up. Please come forward and air your lawsuit out in public.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Thank you.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;In Christ,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Dogulas Stambler
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;---------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;---------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
MSN 8 helps <A href="http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2752??PS=">ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES.</A> Get 2 months FREE*.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>