[Vision2020] Email and Libel

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:08:33 -0700

Tom,

Please accept my sincere apologies.  The error was not a nefarious attempt
to pin some dastardly words on you, but simply a by-product of technology,
whereby you "quoted" someone and I "quoted" you "quoting" someone. The
important thing in my message was the definition, and not whether you, or
Doug Wilson, or Bill London, or Tony Blair supplied the definition.  In
fact, since it was a dictionary definition, I'd bet everyone was clear that
it wasn't a direct quote from anyone on the list.

But I'm not certain why I am responding to this.  Obviously, you didn't
address your comments to me, but to someone who merely spells his name
similarly to my name.  Or am I being petty with this remark?  Please,
someone teach me by example not to be petty.

Thanks,
Bob Hoffmann