[Vision2020] free speech

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:23:56 +0000

Tom et. al.

My point was simply that his involvement with certain religiously oriented
activities, involving the Islamic charity and web site you mentioned, was a
factor in the events surrounding his arrest.  His arrest occurred in Moscow.

I never specifically mentioned the web site in question.  However, it is
clear that this web site has the tie to Moscow that someone attending the U
of I was assisting with this web site.

However, his guilt has yet to be proven in court, as Don Coombs pointed out.

We are not living in an island in Moscow isolated from the the rest of the
world, and religious extremism can impact us here, that was my point.

What is your point?

Ted