[Vision2020] free speech]

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:42:09 -0700

Tom Hansen wrote:

> What part of channeling hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups with a
> history of terrorist activities (under the guise of a charitable
> organization) is considered religious activity, Mr. Moffett?  Do you truly
> believe that a website that preaches the extermination of the infidel (US)
> government has religious ties to Moscow?
>
> Wow!!  Now there is a stretch.

Perhaps the stretch is between rumor and innuendo and what
has been proven in court? I'm sure you, Tom, support the
concept of innocent-until-proven-guilty. I support it even
for non-citizens, and I bet you do too, based on your past
postings to Vision 2020.

In this particular case, it seems that the Bush
administration will eventually manage to deport the man and
his family, whether or not he supported terrorism -- just
because deporting people makes it look like the
administration is doing something.

Don Coombs