[Vision2020] enough...

Deacon James ddjames@moscow.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:54:52 -0700

Dear all,

The sentiment expressed today made it clear that Douglas Stambler, by way of
his ridiculous emails, has endeared himself to no one. I think that much is
obvious. But I believe another thing that can be taken from the conversation
today. There is another way to shut Mr. Stambler up (though I admit that by
sending out this email it will be harder). Ignore him. The man is a
certifiable lunatic who loves an audience, whether or not they like him; he
seeks a venue, any venue, and once he knows people are listening, will
babble on and on, enjoying the fact that people hear him. Notice that there
was much discussion about the man today on Vision 20/20. Notice also that he
was very active on the listserve today. This, I believe, is no coincidence.
He knew he was on everybody's minds, and that is just what he loves. So I
think the best course of action is to just delete his banter, without making
any comment about it. By doing so, the man will almost certainly slither off
to find another town full of people who will get themselves in a tizzy over
his ramblings.

Cheers,
Deacon