[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Luke lukenieuwsma@softhome.net
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:05:33 -0700

Hi, Mr. Arnold:

>Second, the idea of a group of people being a superior race existed long
before that of >"social or biological Darwinism."  Social Darwinism was a
justification and >explanation, not a cause.

    Ah, but it was a cause. That's why millions and millions of Germans were
willing to follow Hitler; science had shown that the blond-haired, blue-eyed
Germanic Arian had reached the top of the ladder. Hitler truly considered
other races almost subhuman; he hardly wished to talk about the Africans.
    Surely you can see how racism is a logical conclusion from Darwinism. If
we're all evolving all the time, with chance and the environment deciding
how different species develop over time, then some are better and some are
worse. Some are a strong race, and some are weak. And according to the law
of Darwinism, the fittest are to survive.
    Therefore, considering that we all supposedly came from ape-like
origins, those less evolved among us are more animal-like and closer to the
monkey than the rest of us. And following nature, they should be dominated
by the stronger of the human genus.
Now when you put this stuff into the hands of a charismatic, very skilled
rhetorician/politician, you get Nazi Germany.

>The Egyptians and Romans believed that they were superior as well. If you
read the >Bible like you said you did you would know the Jews were treated
as an inferior race >in the Egyptian Empire and were enslaved.

The Jews were treated with hatred and fear, but not as though they were
simply a lesser evolved species of humans, which is what happened in WWII as
a direct result of Darwinian thought.

>>"Maybe modern Catholicism has swerved to this position, but the Catholics
>>of the Medieval Ages thru the 1800's centered liturgy and belief around
the
>>priests, Rome, and particularly the Pope. Why do you think the greatest
<<R.C. cathedral is named after Peter?"
>Well, maybe if we were in the 1800's or before then you would be right,
>however, >what year are we in now?

To trace this trail back to the origin, we were discussing Napoleon's
Catholicism, not modern Catholicism. You blamed Christianity for Napoleon's
actions; I pointed out the difference between his Catholicism and true
Christianity. You now agree that I am correct regarding 1800's Catholicism;
therefore Napoleon cannot be called a mar on Christian history.

>Third, my position was not what nation officially recognized but what
nation who's >majority practiced it.

Well in that case, England is not Christian because the majority of English
are atheists.
And Europe and the US are not Christian either, because the majority of the
nations don't practice Christianity. There is so much moral filth today; the
majority of America sat calmly through the term of a president who was an
adulterer,
murderer, and liar. They didn't care. Now if that's Christian behavior, I'm
a duck.

>If two people see a house, one from the back, and one from the front. Then
they >describe the house to each other and they disagree, who is right and
who is wrong?

Good one, but if two people see a blue house from the front and the back,
and one
says it is a blue house and the other says it is green, one of them is very
wrong.

>You think you know all sides and everything about God? I claim you don't,
and that >others are describing the same God from different points of view.
Muslims, Jews, and >Christians, all worship the God of Abraham, the God of
David, the God the Moses.

    I don't claim I know everything about God. However, He has revealed what
we need to know in the Scriptures. And when He says, "You shall have no
other gods before Me," and "If you love Me you will obey My commandments,"
that means that we worship Him, not Allah, and that we obey His
commandments, not Allah's.

>We are all going to disagree on laws, rules, regulations, which is the
better prophet, >how to worship, and how often, but then again, didn't
Christ's death place us above >that law?

    He placed us under grace so that we might fulfill and obey the law,
being spotless and pure before Him. And we cannot all obey the law unless
there is only one correct law. Adultery cannot be right and wrong at the
same time; neither can bigamy. Therefore, it is necessary that we eventually
all believe the same thing, which someday we will.

Take care, and God bless,
Luke Nieuwsma