[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:03:04 -0700

<P>Hi Luke,<BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>"They really believed that they had become the superior race,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and this is Darwinism applied to politics and society. The idea of the highest race came about simultaneously with biological Darwinism."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>First,&nbsp;they didn't believe they BECAME the superior race, they thought they always were. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Second, the idea of a group of&nbsp;people being a superior race existed long before that of "social or biological Darwinism."&nbsp;&nbsp;Social Darwinism was a justification and explanation, not a cause. The Egyptians and Romans believed that they were superior as well. If you read the Bible like you said you did you would know the Jews were treated as an inferior race in the Egyptian Empire and were enslaved. You would also know that racism&nbsp;existed between the Hebrews and the Gentiles in Christ's time as well. The Japanese during the time of WWII were also under the delusion that they were superior to all other races&nbsp;as well. The were not at all connected to Western theology and beliefs. Racism has been around since the beginning of time and still exists today. &gt; &gt; </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"Maybe modern Catholicism has swerved to this position, but the Catholics
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;of the Medieval Ages thru the 1800's centered liturgy and belief around the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;priests, Rome, and particularly the Pope. Why do you think the greatest R.C. cathedral is named after Peter?"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Well, maybe if we were in the 1800's or before then you would be right, however, what year are we in now?&nbsp; </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>"There is no country that officially professes Christianity at the moment, so
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;you have no fruit to judge."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>First, You are wrong there.&nbsp;The Vatican professes Christianity, and is the official&nbsp;religion of the&nbsp;City, and is a recognized, independent and sovereign country.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Second, the official church of England is the Church of England, which&nbsp;also professes Christianity. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Third, my position was not what nation&nbsp;officially recognized but&nbsp;what nation&nbsp;who's majority practiced it.&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"You still try to dodge absolute truth when you say "Oh, they're all
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;saying the same thing," because they're not. They cannot all be true at
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;once; they all have their own moral values, their own ceremonies, their own exclusive truths."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>If two people see a house, one from the back, and one from the front. Then they describe the house to each other and they disagree, who is right and who is wrong? You think you know all sides and everything about God? I claim you don't, and that others are describing the same God from different points of view. Muslims, Jews, and Christians, all worship the God of Abraham, the God of David, the God the Moses. You better respect that fact, and not be so self righteous. That is if you mind paying the price in this world and the next for causing other to doubt their faith in the one true God. We are all going to disagree on laws, rules, regulations, which is the better prophet, how to worship, and how often, but then again, didn't Christ's death place us above that law?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thanks!</P>