[Vision2020] Moscow's choice on Sprawl

peterson@moscow.com peterson@moscow.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:49:19 -0700

Hi,
I'm going to the Moscow Planning and Zoning Commission meeting on Wed. night in
the City Council Chambers...why? Cause they've got sprawl on the agenda!

There's an application to take 12 virgin acres out of farmland and plat it for up to 262
units of high density apts....that's MORE apts. than we already are dealing with on
West A Street.

The land owner is in Lewiston and he just wants to sell this land at the highest price
but we're going to have to live with more students congested into the NW corner of
town, on the deadend of an extension of Baker Street, funneling out onto the
pathetically narrow West A Street and crossing West Pullman Road down by
Wendy's without a thought on the City's part to pedestrian safety.

The 12 acres in question has moving surface water with hundreds of geese in the
winter who stop to bond and graze.  But they're not tax payers!  Hey, but I am, why
doesn't my opinion matter.  I don't live in Lewiston; I live in Moscow!

What do you think?  Can you come over to the hearing at 6:40pm on Wed. night?

Pam Peterson
882-1349