[Vision2020] Internet Etiquette on Public Archived List Serves

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:28:10 +0000

Dale et. al.

I'm not sure how this happened, but my vision2020 post you referenced
yesterday, and claimed was 34 K, was only 22 K in my Hotmail inbox.  Perhaps
there is some error in how you are figuring e-mail size?

If my posts averaged 13.4 K, which I question, this was not due to my use of
HTML intensive e-mail.  The 38 K post I suggested you could have made
smaller was HTML intensive in a manner that could have been avoided and
still communicated your well thought out points.  Consider that my reply
that included all the text of your post, with my text added, was only 22 K.
This was my point, as I stated.

I only brought up the 1.5 meg graph that shut down my e-mail account to
illustrate to Bruce L. why it is wise when possible to keep messages sent to
a public internet list serve as small as will allow the appropriate
communication.  If Bruce had not appeared puzzled as to why it is wise to
keep public list serve messages as small a size as is practical, I would not
have brought this up.

I am sorry.

Of course you are free to do what you wish on this un-moderated list serve,
including ignore my suggestions, if you think they are ground less, rather
than playing a game of one one-upmanship by researching and comparing
average post size on vision2020.

If you did not want to get into a contest, as you stated, you would have not
done this comparison of post size!  This is like the man who says I don't
want to fight, then launches a sucker punch!

I concede at once without even checking.  Your vision2020 posts are smaller
than mine!

Unless someone else continues this discussion, I will consider it closed.  I
have made the point I wished to make.

This is my third vision2020 post today, and following the suggestions of
some on vision2020, I have exceeded my post allotment for the day.

I guess I must apologize again!

Ted