[Vision2020] Internet Etiquette on Public Archived List Serves

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:02:55 -0700

> No stone knives and bearskins are advocated.
>
> Tom Hansen's suggestion that Dale get his own storage where
> he can make
> available large files via a link on vision2020 seems
> reasonable to me.

That had been done from day #1 when I was on the list.

> One
> of Dale's graphs posted on vision2020 was a whopping 1.5
> megs, though Dale
> said this was a mistake.

There's a line from the Princess Bride: "Thank you so much for brining that
up. Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it while
you're at it.

That was an accident, a one-time mistake. I apologize again.

All my graphs are physically located on my webserver and are only linked and
displayed from the recipient's machine. They are not downloaded onto your
machines at all.

If you would look back at my posts, you will see that they are across the
board smaller than nearly everyone else's posts. I go out of my way to
ensure that my posts are small.

I really don't want to get into a contest about this, but my posts averaged
a whopping 12.7kb last month; yours averaged 13.4 kb. This is really a
ridiculous conversation.

Hope this answers your questions. Personally, I'm not interested in going
back to pre-1996 Email format.

Best,
Dale