[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:19:19 -0700

<P>Hi Luke,<BR><BR>I wrote: This is incorrect. Hitler only espoused that garbage, he didn't believe it himself (only people that don't &gt;have a life believe this). </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You Wrote: He sure did a great job of convincing a nation for not believing it. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>That was the point Luke, to convince people of false pride so they would work for his purposes. It is kind of hard to motivate people when they think they are worthless, beaten down, humiliated, and stripped of pride like they were after WWI. This is the best way to motivate them by telling them that they are superior to others and that nothing&nbsp;can stop them. He was quoted as saying, "If the Jews did not exist it would have been necessary to invent them." It is not too shocking that a man as intelligent and gifted as Hitler could say one thing and really think another, politicians have been doing this since the beginning of time.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I wrote: My point was also that you are hypocritical to say that when Hussein and Osama claim to be of &gt;God and slaughter people in the name of their "faith" that you accept that as a true proclamation of &gt;the "Muslim faith". However, when people like Hitler, and countless numbers of Kings and Queens, &gt;and other religious leaders slaughter people in the name of their "faith" in Christianity you reject it? &gt;Why do you use one standard to judge one group of people and another standard to judge another &gt;group of people?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You responded by saying: </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"Hitler didn't use Christianity, he used deism. Napoleon used Catholicism, which is different than biblical Christianity. I'm not using two standards."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>First, Deism is the belief that God exists but he does not take an active role. Hitler did not believe this. In fact, he believed that God saved his life three times. Once when he was a Corporal in WWI and the entire division was wiped out&nbsp;except his unit because they stayed put as for an unknown cause in a breakdown in the communications of an order for them to move forward with another unit&nbsp;that was wiped out. Once when he&nbsp;walked out moments before a bomb went off. And a third time when high ranking officers tried to assign him and failed. He espoused in public repeatedly that it was God that stepping in and saved him. Deism states exactly the opposite of this. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Not only did&nbsp;Hitler claim Christ, God, and Christianity in many of his speeches, pamphlets, and movies, by&nbsp;but also even used the Cross on many of his military equipment, uniforms, and medals he awarded to soldiers.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Second, The first definition of&nbsp;Roman Catholic in the Webster Dictionary is: "of the Christian Church." You can NOT get more Christian then that. The Webster Dictionary of Christian is: a believer of Jesus as the Christ or in the religion based on the teachings of Christ. Your statement that "Napoleon used Catholicism, which is different than biblical Christianity". There is no such thing as 'Biblical Christianity'." It is not listed anywhere or any definition of it anywhere. It is nonexistent. If you follow the Bible then you&nbsp;follow Judaism. If you are Christian then you follow Christ. Otherwise, you claim your own faith separate from the other two. Which is fine, but it is not Christianity or Judaism. There is no such thing as "Judaic Christianity" in any real sense as you are claiming exists.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Third, </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Even if you were correct about your assumptions about Hitler and Napoleon ,&nbsp;which you are not based on the greater minds of society,&nbsp;that is only two people and there are millions that slaughtered in the name of Christianity. They put crosses on their swords.&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I wrote: So when you do this, others that are just as fanatical as you but of another faith see your injustice &gt;and hypocrisy in how you judge you give ammunition to them to disarm others trying to get people to &gt;see the righteousness of Christ."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You replied: "I am not fanatical in the same way that countless of jihad suicide bombers have been fanatical. It is bloody murder to kill someone because they don't serve the true God, and I would never do such a thing."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You are fanatical in a different way, with words and ideas. This can be just as or more damaging in a spiritual sense because you are changing souls not just taking the physical lives of people. Which is more important, the soul or the body?&nbsp;Bombing people does not change their beliefs, it just kills and wounds them.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I wrote: "If I knew nothing of the Muslim Faith or of the Christian Faith, and were wishing to establish a faith, I &gt;would most likely choose the Muslim faith based on the hypocritical nature that you use to judge people. &gt;Christians have slaughtered more people, own more wealth, and try to control more people then any &gt;other group of people under any other religious faith."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;You replied: "What's wrong with owning wealth? What's wrong with being in positions of authority?"</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Nothing, it is just the word "slaughtering"&nbsp;that was suppose to get your attention. True Christians would use their power and wealth to help people, not kill them.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You Wrote:</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;"But as to the slaughtering issue, it seems you don't know your history too well. To recount the rise of Islam briefly:&nbsp;&nbsp;Shortly after Mohammed took Medina in the 7th and 8th centuries, hundreds of thousands of those who you would call "radical Muslims" overthrew the rest of Saudi Arabia in bloody war, slaughtering their enemies. Next came Persia, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and Constantinople. Then the rest of Northern Africa fell to the swords of the Muslims, and they proceeded to invade Spain and Portugal. The Moores were known for ages as cruel and harsh, and these were the early Muslims who made it into the European continent."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Humm, well Christians did&nbsp;same things&nbsp;but in the centuries of 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800,&nbsp;1900, and 2000. They also did this more then just in Europe and the middle east. They also did it in North America, South America, Centeral America, Austriala, the Artice Circle, Asia, Japan, Indonesia, Hawaii, Phillipens,&nbsp;and Africa. I would also like to point out that their were more people to slaughter&nbsp;during these centuries then the 7th and 8th.&nbsp;&gt; </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You said that: </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"Their Koran says <U><STRONG>specifically </STRONG></U>that if a Muslim warrior dies fighting in the name of Allah, he will wake up in paradise with 70+ hot chicks for his pleasure." </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Which verse in the Korean specifically mentions&nbsp; "he will wake up in paradise with 70+ hot chicks". </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You said: </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"So, they go kill themselves in suicide bombings in the name of Allah, and they do it sincerely (which has been happening a lot since Reagan)."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Well, perhaps this is because&nbsp;Reagan funded Iranians to kill Iraqis, funded Iraqis to kill Iranians and gas their own people, funded Isreailtes to kill Palastinians,and stopped funding&nbsp;Afganishtan that then sunk to the poorest nation in the world for its size. Now if that woundn't get your panties in a bunch if you were them you must be a man of steel. Or maybe they do it just because Reagan's poor acting skills in Bonzo.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Take Care,</P>