[Vision2020] University dollars

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:40:08 -0700

Don,

>From everything I have observed in my university activities, the loss in
faculty has been largely the loss of open positions, retirements, etc...
This financial juggling has been going on for years at WSU. Idaho is now
seeing it to an even greater extent. At the same time, tenured positions
are being terminated at institutions like Oregon State University. The
situation is not unique to Idaho and WSU.

But do the universities issues justify sending our tax dollars out of
the community and out of the state? I'm glad we are helping the people
of Beaverton Oregon when I need medications, but I would rather support
local businesses.

Bill Strand