[Vision2020] University dollars

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:31:01 -0700

Phil (of Cjsnightclub@aol.com) stated:

"Are you aware that the football game between Boise and Idaho is supposed to
"swap" from city to city so each city gets a financial boost? Are you aware
that Moscow gets "skipped" regularly?"

I have attended viretually every home game since I started attending UI in
1992 ands long after I graduated in 1996.  As far as I can remember, the UI
home game was either played in the Dome or at WSU.   Enlighten me (as well
as others), Phil.  Which UI/Bozo State games that I attended weren't played?

Phil went ont to say:

"Are you also aware that the game between UI and WSU is going to be held in
Seattle? Where is the financial love for the community? Also, both
Universities speak of "hurting financially." Doesn't common sense say "have
the game in town?"

Last time I was at Seawhawks Stadium (the venue for this year's UI/WSU
game),  it appeard to hold alot more people than either the Dome or Martin
Stadium.  Playing the game in a larger stadium in a city that has lots and
lots of Idaho and WSU alums seems like a financially sound decision.

Tom Hansen
UI '96