[Vision2020] re: Logical Error! Letter to the Editor: Teacher salary

hayman@moscow.com hayman@moscow.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:52:02 GMT

I heartily concur with Bill London's observations and remarks. I would like
to add a bit:

Such denigrations are mitigated by spelling errors within the sentence.

Bill spoke of 8 year olds. Let us not forget high school teachers, wherein
often interpreting the semiotics of which colors are worn by whom and
which pockets bulge with what can be as important as interpreting texts
from Homer to Hawking or Euclid to Einstein.

But I admit-- I teach, albeit at the university level. And a primary reason I do
so is for my own learning (hey, call me a hedonist). Thus, for example,
from a previous post, I was enlightened to discover that the state of New
Jersey has a mayor.

Warren Hayman

           http://www.fsr.net/